The New Year is upon us and the usual statements of resolution, goals and missions are running amuck. These are all various pleas for change or improvement at their basis. It’s a proclamation of what you will do over the next year otherwise your deemed a failure. Admittedly I’ve done this every new year, even made/ate the “lucky” black eyed peas for years in order to put luck on my side. No offense to black eyed pea, but they are not my favorite food by a long shot! It’s a new year and I say screw it, let’s liven it up a bit without the annual “to do” list and “lucky” food.
Anyone’s knees starting to shake? Breathing is becoming shallow? Am I making you nervous?
Good. Let’s start this by saying what we are not going to do:
- I will not beat myself up for tasks I don’t get completed in a specified timeline.
- I will eat that last piece of cake and not think about the calories nor the impact to my thighs.
- I will not make an exercise plan for the year, only to be pissed off in 3 weeks from now.
- I will not let other ideas of what I should or shouldn’t be doing rule my every day – screw em.
- Last but not least, to hell with my inner critic you need a timeout – for like a year!
Wow, I’m already feel the relief of just letting it go. How about you, spark any interest of what your NOT going to do this year? If so share it with me below in the comments I want to hear from you!
* * *
“I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the year’s.” – Henry Moore