Award Speeches are so AWESOME, I mean who doesn’t enjoy a good award show? Well at minimum I watch for the fashion and ogle my favorite <insert noun, per award show appropriate>. 🙂
I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogging Award from Melissa Barker-Simpson. So immediately I shared this nomination with my kids who for the last days of school are bring home all kinds of awards – see ol’ Mom gets noticed from time to time too. I think my 9 yr old just rolled her eyes. No, seriously this was quite a nice surprise and I thank Melissa for the recognition.
If you like to write and be inspired, certainly check out Melissa’s page. It’s a fun one with contests, prompts and tips – a good one for writers looking to connect and stretch your creative bone and those finger tips on the key board.
The rules of accepting the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website.
“Be Proud and Say it Loud”
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
“Gratitude, it’s important!”
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
“Share the Love, it’s all about the Love!”
4. Drop them a comment to let them know you have linked them in the post.
“Cuz, you don’t know, what you don’t know, until someone tells you.”
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
“Because someone might be interested to know you? Cue music…”
* * *
The Blogs Who Inspire Me & I Enjoy: Writers in The Storm Paint the World with Words Wuji Seshat Nibada Kev’s Blog Shawn L Bird Cristian Mihai Jodie Llewellyn Don Charisma Callum McLaughlin Tipsy Lit Broadside 20/20 Hines Sight D. Marie ProKop Writer’s Notebook Just Be V
* * *
7 Interesting Things about Me:
1. I have a fascination with sharks, I know more than the usual novice and shark week is like being in a candy store for me. I’m excited and terrified all at the same time. (Cuz you know, candy – sugar; rotten teeth – ewe!)
2. I have the genetic gene that allows me to flip my tongue over to each side, and have passed that beauty of a gene onto my daughters – nope husband can’t do it, cracks us all up.
3. I can type over 75 words a minute without looking at the keyboard. My mother made me take a typing class (I moaned about it at the time) to have something to fall back on – who knew, I’d use it everyday with the computer. The woman was genius!
4. I own, 3 Kindles. Yep the newest one is a PaperWhite Kindle and my total favorite. My teen and husband have adopted the older models. Can someone have too many books or eReaders? I think not! Yes, I’m also guilty of having a hard back copy and eBook copy of the same book (doesn’t everyone?).
5. I have lived in 10 states and 2 countries so far in my life. My top choices where I’ve lived so far; Germany, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas and Oklahoma – fond memories that have really shaped me. Someday I may live in Italy too 🙂 Come on lottery ticket!
6. My all time favorite TV shows, in which I own DVDs for are: Smallville and Boston Legal. I’ve been watching Smallville again lately, Superman is awesome! Tom Welling isn’t too bad to look at either, purrr.
7. I love Mike Rowe’s voice, doesn’t matter what he’s narrating that my husband is watching (Dirty Jobs, Deadiest Catch, Paint drying on a wall) – I will find it interesting because his voice is swoon worthy. Sorry Morgan Freeman, Mike’s an opera trained manly man and funny to boot. Mike sing me a lullaby… total bucket list wish right there!
Not all the deepest darkest secrets shared, but hope they were at least interesting enough your still here, but I hear the music in the background so thank you for enjoying my nomination and if you don’t follow me regularly come on and do so – what could it hurt? 🙂